Saturday, January 18, 2014

Rio Grande River Agate

 A few weeks ago Sandee and I acquired a few Rio Grande River agate. Since then I have been cutting a few of these to see what mother nature had in store for us. We were amazed at the different colors, shapes and fortifications inside these beauties. The other day I found a small one that looked like it might hold something  interesting inside. The overall look of the agate was a reddish-orange with one small area which was black in color. Within this black area I could see small tiny orange blooms ( like flowers) just waiting to burst out of the rock. So I cut a small slice from the black area of this rock and low and behold those orange blooms burst out at me.
  Sandee then took this small agate and polished it up on her cabbing machine. The below picture is the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment